50 stabilised pioches
Home to the military many years ago...
This building whose facade measures no less than 40 m long, is comprised of 6 quarters which were occupied by customs officers (which is where it gets the name "caserne" (barracks).
The customs officers occupied the site up until 1835 after which they gave it to an individual. The buildings were rented out to farmers-fishermen-goemoniers (seaweed fishermen).
This building is now a village of artisans.